2022 KAC Strategic PlanUnanimously approved by the KAC Board of Directors on March 30, 2022
Who we are
The Kentucky Association of Chiropractors has been advancing the health of Kentucky through chiropractic since 1916. We are a 501(c)(6) organization that empowers, educates, informs, and advocates for Kentucky chiropractors.
The mission of the KAC is to empower the chiropractic profession in Kentucky to improve the health and well-being of the public.
Our vision is to change the face of healthcare in Kentucky to include unlimited, unrestricted access to a diverse and unified chiropractic profession.
The KAC believes strongly in Promoting Excellence with Integrity. We are a Member-Driven organization that is Present Conscious and Future Focused.
The Kentucky Association of Chiropractors Board of Directors met March 19-20, 2022 to chart a course for the KAC. The process involved in-depth discussion, collaboration, debate, and consensus on the overall direction that is described in this plan.
The attendees agreed to advance the plan by completing the outlined tasks and future established 90-day tasks, to hold each other accountable for their completion, and to continually strive to achieve the long-term objectives while staying true to the KAC’s mission and core values.
Strategic Plan In Action
Successful strategic plans are designed with a focus on the Vision that supports the Mission of the association. Actionable tasks are performed on a regular basis with accountability and will lead to accomplishing short-term SMART goals. When short-term goals are met year over year, then they lead to achieving the long-term objectives.
Getting from here to there...
The Major components of this strategic plan
A. Mission that defines our why
B. Vision that is inspirational, aspirational and looks into the future
C. Major long-term goals that will lead to achieving the Vision
D. Short-term SMART goals that are the next steps toward achieving the Visionary Objectives
E. 90-Day tasks that are the bite size things that must be done to meet the One-year Goals
KAC Long and Short Term Objectives
There is 18% patient utilization in Kentucky.
- Benchmark current utilization of chiropractic in Kentucky
- Create a toolkit for KAC representatives to approach corporate human resource directors to increase access to chiropractic*
- Create a toolkit for use by KAC members to approach medical doctor offices.
Trusted First Choice
Chiropractic is the Trusted First Choice in healthcare.
Launch a chiropractic promotion through:
- KAC members and resources from the Foundation of Chiropractic Progress (F4CP)
- Multiple social mediums with reportable measures
50% of Kentucky Chiropractors are members of the Kentucky Association of Chiropractors.
- Create Membership promotional materials and a marketing plan for both members (retention), non-members (growth), and chiropractic assistance (influence)
- Target chiropractic students through a mentorship program
The chiropractic profession in Kentucky is unified without the need for uniformity.
- Direct targeting of every chiropractor in Kentucky with a message of who the KAC is and our strategic plan
- Create a robust, complete KAC membership directory for referral purposes
There are no insurance restrictions, no pre-authorizations, a significant increase in insurance reimbursements, and full scope coverage.
- Approach and address human resource directors at large companies and unions about chiropractic*
- Support and create legislation to remove barriers to chiropractic care
- Present chiropractic effectiveness studies to insurance companies
* denotes a highly collaborative effort
KAC 90-Day Tasks
90-Day tasks are the bite-size things that must happen in order to achieve the One-year Goals. These tasks are reviewed and approved by the full KAC Board of Directors.
Then, at each meeting, the Board of Directors will review the progress of each task, hold each other accountable, and celebrate the accomplishments towards advancing the goals.
The sections within the 90-Day Tasks pages are grouped by the Tasks Forces assigned to advance the Plan.
- Find a conduit to see who can assist with a research study
- Reach out to the new college to determine whom we can create a relationship with for a study
- Reach out to ChiroCongress, F4CP, and ACA to determine what marketing is currently available
Trusted First Choice
- Review marketing partnership possibilities including F4CP membership benefits
- Present options to board for approval
- Develop a plan to make sure that we are currently and will be using all available social media platforms for our message
- Create a list of KAC accomplishments
- Search for and recommend a marketing firm for materials
- Create a group of KAC members willing to mentor and sponsor chiropractic students
- Contact the new college to propose the mentorship project
- Develop a tagline for KAC directed toward unity of chiropractors
- Seek board approval for the unity focussed tagline
- Update website and database referral system
- Review positive chiropractic legislation to support
- Create a pamphlet of positive chiropractic studies
- Distribute a specifically customized version of the developed pamphlet to human resource departments, insurance companies, and legislators